Mohsen Makhmalbaf gives an advertisement in the newspapers and informs those who are interested in acting that in a test some of them would be chosen for making a movie on the occasion of the hundredth year of the birth of the Cinema. On due day a lot of people throng to the testing location and each person tries to get closer to the testing location. This eagerness turns into a flood and the crowd avulses the closed door that stops them from getting close to cinema. On the other side of the opened door each of the interested talk about their eagerness in front of the camera and in front of the table of a director, who evaluates their eagerness and talent with an autocratic representation. Each of them insists that the door of the cinema has to be opened and there should be a place for everyone to enter the world of cinema. In between them two 16-year old girls from a small city are more eager than the others and they are chosen among the others. The director gives his table of power to them so that they choose their own worthy generation themselves but as soon as these two girls sit behind the direction table they change the method and in a more difficult test, compared to the previous director, decide that most of the interested are not worthy of entering the cinema. When the director removes them from behind the table of power and tells them that this was a test as well, they once again experience the bitter taste of being a regular person.
- Best Film – Munich Festival (Germany) 1996.
Original Title: Salam Cinema
Screenwriter, Editor & Director: Moshen Makhmalbaf
Mohammad – Hadi Mokhtariyan
Director of Photography: Mahmoud Kalari
Sound: Nezameddin Kiaee
Music: Dự đoán kết quả xổ số miền bắcShahrdad Rohani
Dự đoán kết quả xổ số miền bắc 1995, color, 81 mins.
International Sales: Makhmalbaf Film House (UK)
- Fajr Film Festival, Iran 1995.
- Cannes International Film Festival, France 1995.
- La Rochelle International Film Festival, France 1995.
- Locarno International Film Festival, Switzerland 1995.
- Montreal International Film Festival, Canada 1995.
- Toronto International Film Festival, Canada 1995.
- Vancouver International Film Festival, Canada 1995.
- Taormina International Film Festival, Italy 1995.
- Lucas International Film Festival, France 1995.
Chicago International Film Festival ,USA 1995.
- Sao Paulo International Film Festival, Brazil 1995.
- International Film Festival of Vienalle, Austria 1995.
- The Festival of Iranian Films at Film Center of Chicago , USA 1995.
- London International Film Festival, UK 1995.
- Thessaloniki International Film Festival, Greece 1995.
- Stockholm International Film Festival, Sweden 1995.
- Nantes International Film Festival, France 1995.
- Rotterdam International Film Festival , Netherland 1996.
- Hong Kong International Film Festival ,Hong Kong 1996.
Istanbul International Film Festival ,Turkey 1996.
- San Francisco International Film Festival ,USA 1996.
- Munich International Film Festival , Germany 1996.
- Melbourne International Film Festival ,Australia 1996.
- Leipzig International Film Festival , Germany 1996.
- The 14th Turin International Festival of young Cinema , Italy 1996.
- The Festival of Iranian Films at New York’s Film Society of Lincoln Center, USA 1996.
- New Delhi International Film Festival, India 1997.
- The 10th Singapore International Film Festival, Singapore 1997.
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Czech 1997.
The Festival of Iranian Films at The Cinematheque Ontario, Toronto, Canada 1997.
- The Festival of Iranian Films at Montreal Conservatoire , Canada 1997.
- The Festival of Iranian Films at The Pacific Cinematheque, Vancouver, Canada 1997.
- The Festival of Iranian Films at The Northwest Film Center , Portland, 1997.
- The Festival of Iranian Films at The Film Center of Chicago, USA 1997.
- The Festival of Iranian Film at The Pacific Film Archive, Berkeley, USA 1997.
- Museum of Fine Arts of Boston ,USA 1997.
- Museum of Modern Art of New York, USA 1997.
- Museum of Fine Arts of Houston, USA 1997.
- The Festival of Iranian Films at The UCLA Film Archive, USA 1997.“A Tribute to Mohsen Makhmalbaf”
The Festival of Iranian Films at Cleveland Cinematheque, Canada 1997.“A Tribute to Mohsen Makhmalbaf”
- Singapore Film Festival , Singapore 1997
- Copenhagen Film Festival , Denmark 1997
- The festival of Iranian films at Cinematheque Bonn , Germany 1997
- Hong Kong Film Festival , Hong Kong 1998
- Oslo Film Festival , Norway 1998
- Reykjavik Film Festival, 1998
- Summer Film school , South Korea 1998
- San Fransico Film Festival , USA 1998
- Riga Film Festival , Spain 1998
ICA Film Festival, UK 1998
- Ljubljana Film Festival, Latvia 1999
- The festival of Iranian films at Cinematheque Stockholm, Sweden 2000
- The festival of Iranian films at Harvard Film Archive, USA 2001
- The festival of Iranian films at Cinematheque Portuges 2001
- The festival of Iranian films at the College of Santa Fe, USA 2001
- Moscow Film Festival , Russia 2001
- Beirut Film Festival , Lebanon 1999
- National Gallery of Art ,UK 2002
- Danish film Institute , Danemark 2004
Yerevan International Film Festival, Armenia 2006
- Les Cines Rencontres de Prades, France 2006
- Munich International Film Festival, Germany 2006
- Arsenals International Film Festival, Latvia 2006
- Ciné 104 Pantin, France 2007
- Documentaire sur Grand Ecran, France 2007
- Kölnischer Kunstverein - Die Brücke, Germany 2007
- Cinematheque-Danish Film Institute, Denmark 2013
- Les Rencontres du cinéma documentaire, France 2013
- 17th Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival, Czech Republic 2013
- Hong Kong Independent Film Festival, Hong Kong 2014
- IDFA International Film Festival of Amesterdom, Netherland, 2014